Counselling with me
Some people find it helpful to talk through their difficulties with someone who is outside of their situation. As a counsellor it is my role to be that person.
I won’t tell you what to do, diagnose you, give advice or set homework. What I will do is - without judgement - help you:
- explore and clarify your emotions, thoughts, and behaviours,
- gain an understanding of yourself and your unique circumstances,
- and consider how all this may be affecting you and the choices available to you.
My counselling is open-ended. This means there is no set end date and no obligation for you continue counselling if you decide to finish.
Before providing private counselling I worked for over 7 years as a counsellor in the NHS and with Mind. And before this I spent 7 years in voluntary befriending and counselling services.
As well as providing counselling for individuals I also provide supervision to professional counsellors. This entails helping counsellors continually develop and reflect on their practice to ensure they work in a safe and ethical way.
I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Counselling (humanistic-integrative) – Advanced Diploma (CPPD, London)
- Supervision (integrative) – Diploma (The Grove, London)
- Psychology – BSc (Newcastle University)
Fees and location
Fee: £45 per fifty minute session
- Face to face in Norwich city centre at the Practice Rooms
Please note I only offer one-to-one counselling to adults (18+). I do not work with children or couples.